In this report, we consider the impact this would have on the Malaysian economy in terms of trade, investment and industrial collaboration. This report consists of five Parts:
- Part 1 assesses the existing economic relationship between Malaysia and Taiwan;
- Part 2 assesses the provisions within the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), in the context of the existing trade barriers between Malaysia and Taiwan;
- Part 3 assesses the impact of Taiwan joining CPTPP by analysing the trade structure between Malaysia and Taiwan and how this could be impacted by membership of CPTPP;
- Part 4 estimates the aggregate impact of Taiwan joining CPTPP using CGE methodology; and
- Part 5 provides a deep-dive assessment of the impact of Taiwan joining CPTPP on Malaysia’s efforts to embrace the Fourth Industrial Revolution.