The Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS) is an independent research institute committed to promoting research-backed solutions to public policy challenges.
We take pride in our dynamic team. At IDEAS we believe in a flat hierarchy where everyone from interns to employees can make valuable contributions to our work. We believe in being knowledge-driven, transparent, collaborative and autonomous. We foster our employee’s natural curiosity and encourage innovation in our organisation.
Do you share our passion in wanting to promote and develop better public policies in Malaysia? Do you want to influence politicians, corporate captains, the media and the wider public? If yes, then come and join us. To know more about the leadership in IDEAS, please see this page.
Research Executive (Social Policy Unit – Education)
Salary: Starting from RM2,800 per month and subject to experience
IDEAS is looking for a Research Executive to coordinator our projects on education and provide support on education policy research. You will be required to coordinate, develop, initiate and deliver projects and research relating to education policy. At IDEAS you will work independently, develop a healthy interest in public policy especially on education policy and be a part of a young and energetic team focused on delivering real change.
- Coordinate and manage projects relating to education and social policy;
- Conduct necessary data collection, analysis and literature review to produce informative and compelling research;
- Engage with stakeholders in the government and industry to strengthen IDEAS’ research and advocate for our policy recommendations; and
- Proactively develop plans to engage with the media and the public at large to promote IDEAS’ research.
- Perform other tasks assigned by line manager.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in education, social policy, public policy or a related field;
- Candidate with a Master’s Degree would have an advantage;
- Preferably at least 1 to 2 years of experience producing high quality research or project coordination;
- Experience working with indigenous communities especially Orang Asli communities is highly desirable;
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management, delivering complex projects on budget and to a deadline;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Malay;
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Individuals from Orang Asli and indigenous groups are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 October 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview beyond the 13th of October