A functioning and efficient market system is essential to a flourishing economy and consumer choice. Malaysia’s New Economic Model (NEM) envisions an environment where entrepreneurs and the private sector both big and small becomes the engine of our growth.
Since 2016 we have created a unique platform called the IDEAS Exchange to:
- provide a space for stakeholders from government, business, academia, and civil society to work together to discuss regulations that better facilitate economic growth
- promote a market-friendly regulatory environment and healthy competition
Within the IDEAS Exchange umbrella, we conduct the following activities:
- production of policy papers
- targeted briefings to key policymakers
- roundtable discussions
- ongoing research activities
- continuous media and social media advocacy
- Business Regulations
- Intellectual Property
- Taxation Reforms
- International trade
- State-owned enterprises
- New Economic Model
Dr. Carmelo Ferlito
Dr. Ferlito is the Commercial Director Southeast Asia at Petersime NV (Belgium) and Adjunct Professor at INTI International College Subang. His research is devoted to developing the Austrian School of Economics paradigm, with particular focus on business cycles and capital theory. Dr. Ferlito also writes for Forbes.
Dr. Sufian Jusoh
Sufian Jusoh is leading the Southeast Asia Network for Development (SEANET) programme under IDEAS. He is Deputy Director at the Institute of Malaysian and International Studies (IKMAS) Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and a Distinguished Fellow at the Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations, Malaysia. Sufian’s expertise is in international trade, international investment and intellectual property management.