The Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS) today invites students from Malaysian universities to apply for the IDEAS Malaysia Day Grants for Students.
The competitive grant is worth up to RM7500, and can be for more than one winner. The purpose of this grant is to help Malaysian university students hold activities that can promote what Almarhum Tunku Abdul Rahman declared as the founding principles of this country, namely the principles of liberty and justice.
Commenting on the grant, IDEAS Advisor Dato Saifuddin Abdullah says:
“The growing interest of Malaysian youth and students towards political and economic issues is significant. As a think tank inspired by the vision of Almarhum Tunku Abdul Rahman to see Malaysia grow as a nation of liberty and justice, it is important that we encourage university students to explore and promote these ideals. As we celebrate Malaysia Day this year, it is very apt for IDEAS to launch this competitive grant. I hope our students will grab this opportunity and apply as soon as possible. Have a look at our website (www.ideas.org.my) for further information. This grant is open to Malaysian university students, either as individuals or in a registered or unregistered associations. I urge students to be as creative as they can when formulating ideas to achieve the aim of this grant.”
The maximum value of this grant is RM7500. There may be more than one winner.
Those who would like more information about the IDEAS Malaysia Day Grant for Students can contact Amir Ridzuan Jamaludin via tel 03 6201 8897 or email email@example.com
The terms and conditions are as follows:
- All projects must be to promote greater understanding and acceptance of “liberty and justice” AND must be in line with the principles promoted by IDEAS. Within this confine, students are encouraged to be creative when proposing their projects.
- The grant is open to individual students, student organisations or student movements (registered or unregistered).
- The application form must be submitted either in Malay or English.
- The projects must be run by university students, but the audience or beneficiaries can be anyone.
- The amount applied for can be up to RM7500. For projects valued at more than RM7500, there must be a clear indication of where the rest of the fund will come from.
- IDEAS logo must be displayed clearly in all activities funded under this grant.
- Deadline for application is 5pm, 8 October 2013
- Projects must be completed before 31 December 2013.
- Recipients of this grant will have to submit regular report(s) complete with photos to IDEAS and will have to comply with all requirements determined solely by IDEAS.
- IDEAS’ decisions in all aspects of this grant are final and binding.
Successful applicants will be contacted by 26 October, 2013.