The Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS) is an independent research institute committed to promoting research-backed solutions to public policy challenges.
We take pride in our dynamic team. At IDEAS we believe in a flat hierarchy where everyone from interns to employees can make valuable contributions to our work. We believe in being knowledge-driven, transparent, collaborative and autonomous. We foster our employee’s natural curiosity and encourage innovation in our organisation.
Do you share our passion in wanting to promote and develop better public policies in Malaysia? Do you want to influence politicians, corporate captains, the media and the wider public? If yes, then come and join us. To know more about the leadership in IDEAS, please see this page.
Research Assistant (12 Month Appointment)
Salary: RM2,500 – RM3,000 per month
IDEAS is looking for a Research Assistant to support our research into government-linked corporations (GLCs) and the subsequent publication of our signature GLC Monitor report. You will be required to maintain database, keeping abreast with latest happenings in corporate Malaysia and assist with the write-up for a series of related articles.
At IDEAS you will work independently, develop a healthy interest in public policy and be a part of a young and energetic team focused on delivering real change.
• Conduct necessary data collection, analysis and extracting relevant information from the news to produce informative and compelling research.
• Engage with stakeholders in the government and industry to strengthen IDEAS research and advocate for our policy recommendations.
• Proactively develop plans to engage with the media and the public at large to promote IDEAS research.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in politics, economics or a related field and experience producing high quality research.
• Candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency in project management, delivering complex projects on budget and to a deadline.
• Experience working on issues relating to Malaysian politics and economics is highly desirable.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org